Monday, November 14, 2011

West Coast Tour: Endings

The last leg of our journey consisted of a fun adventure to the Grand Canyon. Neither Ben nor I had ever been there before and it was quite amazing. It looks fake! And there was so much about it to take in…I would love to go back someday and take a trip rafting down the Colorado River or take a hike down into the canyon itself.


From there we wandered through the Painted Desert and into Utah to take a look at Arches National Park. The desert is such a beautiful place in its own right. I had never really desired to go to a desert because it’s too hot for me…and it was hot but it has a beauty all its own and I’m glad we took a little journey into it to see it.




From there we landed at our friend Jodi and Louise’s house in Colorado. They are a wonderful couple from one of the other Christian kitchens at the Gatherings that we go to. They spoiled us while we were with them…by giving us good food to eat, good food for our souls and lots of adventure. We drove over a 13,114 foot mountain in an old suburban truck, went for beautiful day drives and went horseback riding in the mountains.



We were truly blessed while we were on this trip. We had lots of adventure and got to see so much of God’s beautiful creation. I don’t think I will ever forget this trip…the trip the Lord said to go on and it was cool to see Him not only in His creation but in His people as well. The body of Christ is a beautiful thing and we are so encouraged and blessed by it!

No comments:

Post a Comment