This year has been full. We have traveled this year more than we have in any other year. And I am tired. I know we have had some down time. I had a month of staying with my parents in October while Ben was up in North Dakota working on the sugar beet harvest. But for me, there is something that is not restful when I am around or staying with other people. It is not the other people, it is me. I am an introvert to the core of my being. It doesn’t mean that I don’t like people. I love people, I love hanging out with people. However, it does mean that I get my energy from being alone and having alone time. Since we have been traveling so much I haven’t had the chance to get much alone time and I felt like I had hit a wall of sorts. I had become very emotional and tired and was beginning to feel like I couldn’t function. So Ben and I headed to our friend’s land in Alabama, and it has been just what I needed. We are parked out in an old horse coral. We have plenty of space to feel like we are on our own, yet have friends here as well and have a sense of our neighbors and friends being close by. It is perfect.
I think I have been going through a time of reassessing what I am doing with my life and what I want to do with my life. I have been thinking about how Ben and I live in an RV and it is hard sometimes to not have a permanent place to live. At the same time, I love to travel and don’t think it’s time for us to give that up. I had a friend say recently that we need to do what is best for Ben and I. That was really good to hear because I don’t think I had ever thought about what was best for Ben and I. It now feels really good to take that into consideration and begin to ponder what the best is for us. So this is not a blog saying that we are doing this or that. I don’t know what we are doing other than following the path that the Lord has set before us and right now that is traveling with the Jesus Kitchen and I am really looking forward to heading back out in February. In the meantime, we are heading to Georgia for Thanksgiving and then we’ll head to Massachusetts, then back to Minnesota for Christmas and to work a bit before hitting the road again.
No comments:
Post a Comment