Monday, August 15, 2011

West Coast Tour: South Dakota

When Ben and I left Minnesota we had about 10 days before we would meet up with the rest of our team. And the first place we headed towards was South Dakota. I had never been to South Dakota…can’t say that I really ever had the desire to. But it was on our way to the west and I had heard that the west side of this state was pretty. I was pleasantly surprised once I got there. South Dakota is beautiful once you get into it a ways and it is true that the west side, the Badlands and the Black Hills are very pretty. We pulled into the Badlands and spent one night there and the next day we hiked around and were amazed at how cool the Badlands are.

The next night we headed into the Black Hills where we stopped to see Mt. Rushmore and then stopped in a little park called Windy Cave. We spent the next day touring one of the largest expanding caves in the States and went on a search for wild buffalo…but never did find them.

By this time in our trip I was trying to get used to living out of a van, which is not always the easiest of things. And we were getting into a not so great pattern of setting up a tent each day and then packing up again in the morning and then driving to a new location. We had not planned our trip at all and wanted to see everything along the way, however, we were on the way to exhaustion because of all of our moving, setting up and tearing down. Even so, it was still fun to be out on an adventure and seeing some of the amazing creations that God had made.

No comments:

Post a Comment