Ben and I are heading towards the east coast as I type. We have just finished our time at the Shawnee Regional Gathering, in southern Illinois. It was nice to be back in the woods for a little bit but I’m not sure that I was prepared for it. The last month before heading back out on the road has been very full and busy. Ben and I have been working hard at getting our RV ready to go…we gutted the inside and painted the walls, redid the floors as well as other modifications. Shiloh (or Harvey the RV as I like to call our RV) looks wonderful inside…however the outside is still in need of some love!
Right before we went into the Shawnee Gathering we meet as a team, there are 5 of us now, and we listened to a sermon by Heidi Baker. It was a very good and challenging sermon. Something we heard in her sermon was that not only does God love us…but he likes us. If everyone could truly believe that God likes you…how would that change the way you act? He likes us just the way we are. We don’t have to be someone else or try to be someone else, because God likes us for who we are. Keeping this in mind is very empowering. A lot of times at the Gathering I wonder why the heck I am there. I feel out of place and that I can’t connect to anyone. But one day a friend and I went to hand out scarves to people and before we entered each camp we visited we reminded ourselves that God likes us and it was so encouraging and empowering.
Throughout this gathering and even now, I am being challenged on what it means to love people. I keep asking the Lord to give me his heart for people; to see them with His eyes. But what does that actually mean…what it looks like for me to love people? To love those who are traveling with me, to love the Rainbow family, to love those I meet on the road while traveling? What does that look like? In John 5 it says that the Son only does what he sees the Father doing. I want to be so near the heart of God that I will do what I see my Father doing. It’s very challenging to me to dig into what this actually means….and to not only look at it but to put it into practice.
Right now Ben and I are heading to Massachusetts to visit friends and family out there for a couple of weeks. Then we will head back south to Alabama and then north to Minnesota for Christmas. We are making and trying to sell our crafts as we go to support ourselves. So if you are interested in buying any soaps or Fork Art please let us know. For more information please contact us or look at our pages on Facebook at: Bent Art and Lil T's Soap
For those of you in the Minneapolis area we are having a Christmas craft sale at the end of November. For more information please visit: Bonnydoon Gift Fair
May the Lover of our souls continue to lead you deeper into His heart.
Benjamin and Teresa
did you name your RV, Shiloh, after our son? hahaha.
ReplyDeletewe love you and miss you. see you soon hopefully.
Shalom